Those who own any property own an estate. When someone owns property, they need to go through estate planning so they can make sure their final wishes for the distribution of their property is carried out. The first step in estate planning involves getting help from the Estate Lawyers Nassau County NY. With the help of these lawyers, going through the process of estate planning is much easier and less stressful.
Tips For Getting Started
To get started on the process, an individual needs to gather all their financial documents so they offer information to the Estate Lawyers Nassau County NY. The lawyer will provide their client with a list of documents and information that should be brought in.
Meeting with the lawyer will allow a person to get started on the estate planning process which involves several steps. Understanding these steps will help an individual to know what to expect so they can be prepared.
- The individual will need to name their beneficiaries and how they want their property to be distributed.
- A power of attorney will be drawn up so a person can take over the estate of the individual, should they become incapacitated.
- An advance health care directive will be drawn up which will detail which life-saving medical intervention the individual wants or does not want.
- The will is drawn up and signed before witnesses so it becomes legally binding.
- The lawyer will help their client create a trust to help their beneficiaries avoid any estate taxes that can take their money.
- If a person desires, the lawyer can help them draw up a special letter to their family and friends so their wishes can be fully understood.
- The Executor will be chosen and this person will be held responsible for making sure the will is executed properly.
Learn More Today
If you are ready to get started on estate planning, now is the time to discover more. Visit site at Petermorralaw.com and learn more about the services involved in estate planning. Call the office right away and they will be happy to schedule your appointment so you can get started.