From saving space and gas money to looking and feeling cool, owning a motorcycle is a statement of individuality and freedom as it allows you to hit the road with two wheels, an open mind, and a whole lot of speed. However, it’s important to note that this is one of the more dangerous form of commute, especially when taking to account the prevalence of motorcycle accidents in Phillipsburg, NJ, which contributes to the almost $230 billion that the U.S. spends on accident relief each year.
Due to the nature of the vehicle, motorcycle accidents pose a much greater danger to the drivers than a car accident, for example. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, there have been 35 times more deaths from motorcycle accidents than from car accidents. Shown below are some of the most common causes.
- Left-Hand Turns: When a motorcycle is going straight through an intersection or overtaking another vehicle, car drivers often fail to recognize or are surprised by the presence of a motorcyclist.
- Lane Splitting: This refers to a motorcyclist driving between two lanes of motionless or slowly-moving traffic. The close proximity of other vehicles and the reduced maneuverability tends to increase the likelihood of motorcycle accidents.
- Speeding and Alcohol Abuse: Approximately half of the accidents involving a motorcycle are caused by excessive speeds or alcohol use. Ignoring speed limits and abusing alcohol is infinitely more dangerous when driving a largely unprotected motorcycle.
How Can an Attorney Help?
The modern personal injury attorney is essentially a trained and experienced individual who understands the ins and outs of our dense justice system, particularly anything that has to deal with automobile and motorcycle accidents. Shown below are the primary benefits that an experienced lawyer brings to the table.
- Experience with Insurance: Lawyers don’t fall victim to the tactics and pressures applied by insurance companies when they’re backed into a corner. Your attorney will obtain the exact amount of compensation you deserve.
- Red Tape: Complex legal procedures, elaborate medical terms, and obnoxious amounts of paperwork are commonplace in Phillipsburg motorcycle accidents. Your local lawyer understands how to expedite the process and cut through the red tape.
- Investigation Team: Professional attorneys have access to a team of private investigators who work hand-in-hand with the legal team to skillfully examine all aspects of your case
- Objectivity: Feelings of anger, discomfort, and frustration will surely clout your perceptive capabilities. Your lawyer is there to help you avoid making rash decisions such as opting for a quick payout in a potentially lucrative case.