Are you aware of different bankruptcy laws? Do you plan to hire the services of a bankruptcy attorney who can help you with Chapter 13 bankruptcy in PA? If you are struggling to pay your overdue bills, then, it is time to get the help of a Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer.
There are many benefits of hiring the services of a bankruptcy attorney who specializes in Chapter 13 bankruptcies. The Law Offices of David M. Offen has experienced Chapter 7 bankruptcy lawyers as well as Chapter 13, who can help you to take the necessary actions and avoid mistakes when you are faced with financial problems and are applying for bankruptcy protection.
5 Benefits of Hiring a Bankruptcy Attorney for Chapter 13
1. Avoid Late Fee Charges: When you fail to pay your creditors, it is normal that you will be charged with late fee charges. By filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy in PA, you can avoid late fee charges completely. You will be asked only to pay the amount you have borrowed.
2. Reduced Amount: Another benefit of Chapter 13 is that the court can order that you don’t have to pay the entire amount due. The court has the power to reduce the amount to 90% or 50%, and in some special cases, it can reduce the amount to 10%. When your amount is reduced, it becomes easier for you to pay your creditors.
3. Halt Foreclosure: Halting your foreclosure temporarily is another major benefit of Chapter 13. That’s if your house is used as a foreclosed property, the court can ask the creditors to stop taking any actions till your hearing is completed. This allows you and your family to use the property.
4. Protects 3rd Parties: Chapter 13 bankruptcy law protects 3rd parties who are considered as liable for consumer debts.
5. Consolidate Your Payments: Chapter 13 bankruptcy law allows restructuring you payments to creditors. You will have to pay only a single bill every month making it easier for you to pay.
There are many benefits that a person can enjoy when they file for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Therefore, it is essential to get the support of an experienced Chapter 13 bankruptcy lawyer.
Follow The Law Offices of David M. Offen on Twitter for more news & updates!