Getting a DWI conviction is very serious issue. This is because even if it is considered a misdemeanor, especially if it is the first time, it has far reaching consequences to the offender. It is therefore important to make sure that you have hired a competent DWI attorney to help you deal with your DWI charge. Here are some of the important things that you should know about hiring DWI Attorneys in Charles Town WV.
Important things to know about the arresting process
* To get charged, the policemen must show that you were operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol level of .08 or more.
* For the police officers to make a traffic stop, they must have a very strong probable cause. In case an arrest is made without having a probable cause for stopping the vehicle, the DWI case may become very difficult to prove.
* After the stop, the officers are supposed to perform certain tests aimed at establishing that you are indeed too intoxicated to drive. These tests include making you count backwards from a hundred, making you step outside the car and walk in a straight line, standing on one foot and the breath analysis test.
After the tests have been done, an arrest will be made.
Beating the charges
There are several tricks that DWI Attorneys in Charles Town WV use when trying to make charges go away. The most productive line of defense usually lies in questioning the processes and procedures that were used during the arrest. The lawyer could take the following lines of defense.
* They could argue that the arresting officer didn’t have enough cause to stop the vehicle, which basically makes anything that happened after the stopping inadmissible.
* DWI Attorneys in Charles Town WV could argue that the alcohol detection device used on you was used on other motorists and that this affects the accuracy of the results obtained.
In short, DWI Attorneys in Charles Town WV will do whatever it takes to make the charges go away. For more information about DWI charges, their implications and where to get a good lawyer, go to