Don’t Fight Your Case Alone — Hire a DUI Attorney in Johnson County KS

by | Jul 2, 2014 | Lawyers

Recent Articles



Were you arrested for drunk driving? Simply being charged with DUI does not mean that you will go to jail, lose your license and pay high insurance rates for year to come. By hiring a DUI Attorney in Johnson County KS, you can fight your case and you may be able to get your charge dismissed so you can go on with your life without a DUI conviction hanging over your head.

During your initial consultation, your lawyer may ask you a number of questions. It is very important that you tell your lawyer the truth. If you had a drink before you drove your vehicle, your lawyer should know so he or she can effectively defend you against the charges. Many people think that they are automatically guilty of the charge if they failed a blood alcohol test but that isn’t necessarily true. Your lawyer may challenge the results on the machine and get your acquitted of the charges against you.

Tell your lawyer everything you remember from the time you got into your car until you saw the police lights in your rear view mirror. In order to pull over a vehicle for suspicion of driving under the influence, the police must have probable cause. If you had a passenger in your vehicle or someone you know was following your car, they may be able to testify on your behalf to show that you obeyed all traffic laws as you were driving and the police did not have probable cause to pull you over.

Your DUI Attorney in Johnson County KS may ask you about any medical conditions you have or prescription medication that you take regularly. Some conditions and medications can cause a breath testing machine to show an inaccurate result. If you are diabetic, have acid reflux or even heartburn, tell your lawyer. These conditions could result in a false positive result on the test or raise the blood alcohol reading if you had a drink before you drove your car. Anyone accused of DUI who has a medical condition that may have affected the results should speak with an attorney from Gilby and Haynes Law Firm LLP right away to plan their defense.

Related Articles