Preparing for the end of your life sounds as if it is a completely counterintuitive concept, especially if you’ve been harboring some superstitious fears about creating a will or feel as though you’re perfectly healthy. But it’s important to note that your family’s future and your personal wealth are at stake if you die intestate, which is why it’s so important to meet with a reputable panel of estate planning attorneys to create a personalized plan.
The Cold, Hard Facts
However, before you book a consultation with one of the estate planning attorneys in Topeka, KS, you should take a moment to evaluate the following trends and statistics:
* A recent AARP study found that only four in every ten US adults have created estate plans and many of these individuals are baby boomers or above the age of 70.
* If you dig a bit deeper into the figures, you’ll see that almost 66% of Gen-Xers (aged 36-53) do not have wills or estate plans.
* If you pass away without an authorized estate plan, your possessions, assets, properties, and wealth will be disseminated according to the state’s intestacy codifications, which means that you’ll have no authority over who inherits your assets.
As such, if you want to ensure that you have full control over exactly what happens after you pass on, it’s in your best interests to partner with a renowned team of estate planning attorneys as soon as possible.
How Can My Lawyer Help?
Simply by partnering with a knowledgeable probate specialist, you can create an airtight, official plan that accounts for any type of contingency or unforeseen situation:
* Establish a durable power of attorney for your financial assets and healthcare
* Create a tailored living will that allows you to dictate precisely what happens after you pass away
* Amend any existing documents to address any recent changes in your situation
* Implement a plan that insulates your family from unfair taxes and surcharges
The process is quick, easy and fully customizable according to your penchants, wishes and desires so be sure to visit Debenhamlaw.com to partner with the best-rated estate planning attorneys in your vicinity. You’ll be glad you did.