4 Things to Do Before Contacting Slip and Fall Lawyers in Charles County, MD

by | Feb 20, 2018 | Lawyers

Recent Articles



It is the responsibility of all property owners to make sure that their property is safe. If an individual has a slip and fall accident due to the negligence of the property owner, the owner of the property should be held liable for any of the victim’s financial costs such as medical bills and lost wages. The property owner should also be responsible for compensating the victim for their pain and suffering. The best way for the victim to be sure that they are fairly compensated is to hire slip and fall lawyers in Charles County, MD. Before the victim calls a lawyer, there are a few things that they should do.

Notify the Property Owner

As soon as the victim is able to, they should notify the property owner of the accident. If the victim was injured in a store or a restaurant, they should let the manager know. If the victim was injured on private property, they should reach out to the owner.

Seek Medical Attention

After the accident, the victim should seek medical attention as soon as possible. If they don’t feel any pain immediately, it doesn’t mean that they aren’t injured. It can take time for the adrenaline to wear off after the accident for the victim to start feeling the pain. Also, the medical report will be necessary for the victim to prove their injuries if the case goes to court.

Take Photos of the Accident Site

Immediately after the accident, the victim should take photos of where the accident occurred. If they are physically unable to, they should ask someone to do it. The photo will be a very important piece of evidence if the property owner tries to repair the problem that caused the accident and then deny responsibility.

Get Contact Information for Any Witnesses

If there were any witnesses to the accident, the victim should get their contact information. If the accident occurred in a public place, the victim likely won’t know the names of the witnesses. This information can be very important if the victim denies responsibility. If the victim is unable to get the witness information due to their injuries, they should ask someone to do it for them.

If an individual is injured on another person’s property, they should contact slip and fall lawyers in Charles County, MD. For more information, visit website domain.

Related Articles