Is Your Ex Also an Ex-Con? How to Legally Protect Yourself and Kids in MN

by | Mar 25, 2020 | Lawyers

Recent Articles



Nobody wakes up one day and says, “Gee, I should marry a former prison inmate.” That is not how things usually go. It is also not typical for someone to intentionally get involved with someone else who has a criminal record, but things happen. If you are now separated, divorced, or otherwise split from an ex who is also an ex-con and the two of you share at least one child; here is how you can legally protect yourself and the kids in Minnesota.

Hire Litigation Attorneys in Mankato, MN

First and foremost, you need to hire litigation attorneys in Mankato, MN. These particular attorneys practice both family law and criminal law. They understand the complexities of attempting to protect yourself and your children from coming into contact with someone that is really not healthy or influentially good.

Consider a Restraining Order and/or Supervised Visitation

If there is a particular concern with your ex-con ex wanting to spend time with the children, consider a restraining order and/or supervised visits. Even if the judge does not want to grant the TRO, they may agree to supervised visitation. You would have some peace of mind knowing that the kids are being watched by someone credible while they visit this parent.

Discuss Your Case with the Right Attorneys

When you are ready to discuss your family law and criminal law issues, make sure you have all your bases and circumstances covered. Contact Blatz Law Office in Mankato, MN.

Related Articles