Reckless and Aggressive driving may occur when a person drives an automobile without the regard for the safety of others. If the driver displays a disregard for the laws that are intended to keep people safe while on the road, the driver could be deemed by the court to be guilty of reckless or aggressive driving. From being aware of their surroundings to driving at the posted speed limit, an individual who is operating a motor vehicle is required by law to drive in a safe manner. When they violate these laws, they could face severe consequences such as loss of their license, expensive fines, and jail time. A reckless and aggressive driving lawyer may be able to assist a person facing charges for reckless or aggressive driving in receiving a lesser charge or reduced penalty for their actions.
What could be considered Reckless or Aggressive Driving
- not paying attention to the road such as texting or playing with their car stereo.
- Disregarding stop signs, stoplights, or not following other traffic signs.
- Driving 20 mph or more over the posted speed limit or over 80 mph.
- Making excessive lane changes and swerving between lanes trying to pass other drivers.
- Tailgating another driver or not allowing another automobile pass their vehicle.
- Disregarding a school bus signal.
Gain the Knowledge of a Well-Experienced Lawyer to Fight Your Case for You
When you have been charged with reckless or aggressive driving in Fairfax County, Mark Nicewicz, Attorney at Law, can help fight the charges against you. In some cases of reckless or aggressive driving, the individual could possibly face jail time in addition to a suspended license. Mark Nicewicz is an attorney with over 20 years of experience of working in Northern Virginia and has extensive knowledge and expertise required to potentially negotiate a lesser charge or mitigate the punishment.